In the morning when our body is released from a rest mode, everyone needs a thing that would help in the refreshment of mind and body. Many beverages are helpful to fulfill the need, like coffee, tea, and warm water. But if a fresh morning starts with lemon tea nothing is better than that. This is a very common question that has arisen in your mind “ what are the benefits of lemon tea?”
A lemon enriched with minerals and vitamins. It has less sugar and calories that help to improve our whole body system, boost your immunity system, help to lose weight, improve your skin, and many more which we talk about one by one.
How to prepare lemon tea
Lemon tea preparation is not a tough task. It takes hardly 5 to 8 minutes.
- For making this fresh beverage you need to boil water and add some black tea and sugar according to your taste.
- Boil the whole mixture for 2 to 3 minutes and then strain in a cup.
- Add lemon juice and honey according to your taste (approx 4-5 drops) and your lemon tea is ready.
Benefits of drinking lemon tea
There are amazing health benefits of lemon tea which we must add to our daily diet routine to keep healthy and fit. Many of us focus only on weight loss but let me tell you there are many benefits of lemon tea that you didn’t know.
As we know that lemon is enriched with vitamin c, folate, and potassium. Vitamin c acts as an immunity booster and by regular consumption of lemon tea, we can enhance our immune system and can be saved from many infectious diseases.
If anyone wants a fit and healthy body then he must use lemon tea. Lemon enhances metabolic rate and by doing so fatty cells burn and ensure weight loss.
Warrior against infectious agents
Lemon has antioxidant properties. Antioxidants are molecules that fight with free radicals (have harmful effects if levels become too high). Antioxidants protect our living cells from harmful free radicals.
Detoxification of body
Detoxification is the process of removal or cleaning of the toxin substance from the body. The liver, lungs, guts, skin, and kidney are detox organs in the body. Lemon helps in detoxification by removing dead cells and toxins from the body.
Decrease risk of diabetes
Lemons contain flavonoids like hesperidin and quercetin which protect the insulin-producing cells from the free radicals. Hence it helps in the decreasing risk of diabetes.
Reduce the risk of cardiovascular disease
As we already discussed, lemon contains flavonoids that help in low blood pressure so reduce the risk of cardiovascular disease.
Treat inflamed gums
Vitamin c has anti-inflammatory properties that’s why helpful in wound healing and cure inflamed gums.
Vitamin c helps in improving eyesight vision and by daily intake of lemon tea, we can decrease the 80% risk of cataracts.
A diuretic is a substance that increases urine output. With its amazing properties, lemon tea helps to reduce water retention in the body and promote urinary system health, prevent renal calculus, and treat edema also.
Potential health risk regarding lemon tea
Everything has its own positive and negative influence. Proper and perfect use of anything has a positive effect and so on excessive use of anything gives bad results.
Lemon tea has its amazing advantages but somehow it has some drawbacks which are directly related to its excessive use.
Wear off Tooth enamel- Intake of an extra amount of lemon tea can cause wear off tooth enamel, causing decreased life of teeth.
Heartburn- Consumption of lemon tea than normal can imbalance the pH level of the stomach that can cause acidic reflex which leads to heartburn and stomach burn.
Dehydration- As mentioned above, lemon has diuretic properties that reduce water retention in the body. Excessive water loss leads to dehydration in the body.
Canker sore formation- So much intake of lemon tea can cause canker sore( a shallow sore inside mouth or at the base of gums) which leads to gums bleeding and bad breath.
Unsafe for pregnant and lactating mothers- Lemon contains an extraordinary substance but tea has its caffeine substance.
- Caffeine can’t have a good effect on pregnant women.
- Intake of lemon tea causes miscarriage or abortion in pregnancy.
- Besides it, lemon tea is also contraindicated for lactating mothers because caffeine mixes in breast milk and can harm the newborn baby.
- Alzheimer’s disease- A study has been shown that By regular use of lemon tea can form a plaque in the brain, which leads to memory loss in later stages of life.
When to take lemon tea
When you focus on your health, the most important thing is that “time “. Lemon tea should be taken in summer or humid weather. Point to be notified for intake of lemon tea.
- Lemon tea should not be too hot. Hot drinks could lead to burning mucus membranes of the mouth.
- Never take it empty stomach. Lemon has it acidic effect that can cause stomach burn.
- Don’t add excessive lemon juice to the tea.
- a person with GERD( gastrointestinal reflux disorders) should not take lemon tea.
- Drink water for rehydration ( for women 2.5 liters and men 3 liters.
Frequently Asked Question
Yes, you can add to your daily routine.
It helps to improve skin, lose weight, and keep energetic.
Drink one cup a day.
Yes, lemon tea is the best source of vitamin c which reduces heart disease.