One day, I was watching some short video clips on my mobile. And I saw one awesome video called The Importance of the first  1000 days of a child. The video is based on  the responsibilities of parents for the overall development and well-being of a child in their first 1000 days provided by the Ministry of Health & Family Welfare. After watching this video I thought this is a great way to inform parents about their most important responsibilities.

We are all aware of today’s techno worlds. Even the smallest things are viral in social media. So this is a great way to share informational content which will be helpful to the audience. In our country, many people don’t know how to take care of a new born baby. Past some year people was living in joint family and parents are busy in their works so they had not enough time to spend with children but the positive way other family member grandparents spend their time with children. They talk to babies, play with them. 

Let’s discuss the importance of 1000 days of a child.

We all know the brain is the most important part of our body part. It is the only organ that was not 100% developed at birth. 90% of the brain developed in the duration of 1000 days. In 1000 days, the baby’s brain is more active than the adult brain. So as parents your first responsibility to help your baby’s development socially, mentally, emotionally.  At birth only 25% of the brain is developed; the remaining 75% brain is developed in the first three years.

Many of us worry about the birth of their child, why my child is dark skin, why my child is a baby girl, and why the first baby should be a boy. It doesn’t matter if your child is male or female, it doesn’t matter skin color. So, you should be happy as long as your child is healthy and disease free. You should be worried about their brain development because the brain has no color; it has its own beauty.

Spend a beautiful time with your child. Playing with them doesn’t matter he/she was three month or one year old. Help to recognize things. Don’t play with your mobile when the baby is lying on your lap or side of your bed. Talk to your child, they need special love and attention and don’t live alone.

Provide healthy nutrition and consult at some interval to the doctor. It is nice to sleep along with your child and follow her routine rather than make her follow yours. Clean their clothes with dettol. Before touching the baby you have to clean your hand properly. Keep the healthy environment surrounded there. Don’t shout at each other in front of the baby. Because whatever you do they will copy you. You have a very big job ahead of you, you are a parent now.

Leave a Reply